We are so excited that you are interested in joining our teachers union. We are stronger when we have more members (95% is our goal so that we can take collective action). If you would like to speak to anyone about membership, please reach out to our union by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I Join?
There are two ways to join:
1) You can join online by going to join.cta.org.
When you sign up, make sure that you use your personal email address. If you were a CTA union member in a previous district, use the same email address you used there.
2) If you would prefer a paper application, click here. Fill it out, download it and either email it to your Site Rep, or print and send it to the MBTA office through district mail.
What are the Benefits of Joining?
You can explore the benefits elsewhere on this website, but you get access to:
- Member Surveys - so your voice is represented in the work of our union
- Legal counsel for school-related and non-school related issues
- Member Discounts through CTA and NEA to many local businesses
- Access to incredible offers on many kinds of insurance, on banking and more services
- Access to CTA and NEA conferences, many of which you can get units from to advance in salary
- Representation from your site rep, zone rep and union leadership, so that we can advocate for you personally
How Do I Cancel Membership?
Please know, before you even sign up for membership, that CTA & NEA make their annual budget for the year based on the number of members who sign up. As such, if you wish to leave the union, you have a "leaving window" that is 30 days long, one year from your initial sign up date.
If you are currently hoping to cancel your membership, please email email@example.com. We would love to hear your reasons so that we can continue to improve our practice and will help you to navigate the process of cancelling.