We are so excited that you are interested in joining our teachers union. We are stronger when we have more members (95% is our goal so that we can take collective action). If you would like to speak to anyone about membership, please reach out to our union by emailing email@example.com.
How can I Join?
There are two ways to join. You can join online by going to www.join.cta.org. When you sign up, make sure that you use your personal email address. If you were a CTA union member in a previous district, use the same email address you used there.
If you would prefer a paper application, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send one to you at school
What are the Benefits of Joining?
You can explore the benefits elsewhere on this website, but you get access to:
- Member Surveys - so your voice is represented in the work of our union
- Legal counsel for school-related and non-school related issues
- Member Discounts through CTA and NEA to many local businesses
- Access to incredible offers on many kinds of insurance, on banking and more services
- Access to CTA and NEA conferences, many of which you can get units from to advance in salary
- Representation from your site rep, zone rep and union leadership, so that we can advocate for you personally
How Do I Cancel Membership?
Please know, before you even sign up for membership, that CTA & NEA make their annual budget for the year based on the number of members who sign up. As such, if you wish to leave the union, you have a "leaving window" that is 30 days long, one year from your initial sign up date.
If you are currently hoping to cancel your membership, please email email@example.com. We would love to hear your reasons so that we can continue to improve our practice and will help you to navigate the process of cancelling.